Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Anyone else noticing that making a decision on a pending approval in the proofing tool, while using the new user experience, isn't saving the decision the reviewer tries to record?

Level 4

The scenario:

There is a proof with a pending approval. New User Experience Reviewer opens the proof , makes comments and renders a decision in the proofing tool.

Expectation:

1. Comments are recorded and shown in the Updates tab.
  2. Decision is recorded and shown in the Updates tab.
  3. Proof no longer pending approval.

Actual result:

1. Comments are recorded and shown in the Updates tab.
  2. Proof is still pending approval.

If I kick the reviewing user back to the Classic User Experience everything works as expected. I've opened a support ticket, but haven't had an update from them since I granted them access to our environment on 10/6.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hey Rick,

I'll ping some people internally to see what's going on.

Kyna

Level 4

Case Number 00226426 - Proofing decisions in the New UX NOT getting recorded

Level 7

Hi - adding myself to this one as we opening a case on this as well. Case number 00217496. It happens sporadically so they are having trouble finding the root cause.

Level 4

Heard back from support earlier.

"we are actually aware of this occurring in some instances since our last update. Luckily, we have been working with our Product team to address this already and plan to push out a fix for the behavior in our next patch, 20.4. This is set to be released the first week of November"

The advice offered was to revert users to the classic UX. That's not going to happen. I have migrated 170+ users; ~half of my user community. I've provided training material, updated job aids, etc. Pulling the rug out from under all of that work would present a bunch of problems/challenges. It was working. It broke. Not sure why this isn't being handled as a higher priority hot-fix sort of thing. Proof approvals is a fundamental feature that gets exercised in just about every project we run in Workfront.

I've determined that there is a work around. A user can record comments in the proofing tool, but issue their decision from the documents tab (instead of in the proofing tool) and it will record the decision. Rolling that guidance out to 173 users, while we wait for a fix isn't going to be fun.

Level 7

Wow awesome that you got a response and resolution timeframe! I have only converted 1 person using proof over to NWE so not as painful for me - I feel for you!!!