Expand my Community achievements bar.

Any way to add standard fields to a custom form?

Level 2

I'm fairly new to Workfront. We're gearing up for initial production release and getting the system configured. I've been asked to create a customized project details form that looks like a form that we currently use. Many of the fields on the form are custom, but some of the fields are standard within Workfront (e.g. Project Name, Description, etc.).

My understanding is that you cannot add a standard field to a custom form and have it editable (i.e. you can use calculated fields to display standard fields, but not edit). Has anyone found a clever way to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 8

I've been trying to find a way to do this for quite a minute. In all my conversations with Workfront ninjas, consultants, and WF support I've always been told there isn't a way.

What I've done instead is hide the standard feilds from the form and replace them with custom fields. Then I use Fusion to push the custom field answers into the standard fields.

For example, instead of asking for a planned completion date, we want to ask for a go-to press date. So we don't ask for a planned completion date and push the go-to press date answer into the planned completion date field.

Make sense?

Level 2

Yes that makes sense - thank you for the answer.

One question - have you found any "back doors" where people can update the standard fields directly or is it pretty well locked down so users need to use your custom form?

Level 8

Oh no! We have our users changing standard fields on reports all the time. It's nice because on reports you can change the display name of the field and add text mode to make it look like you want. So...really the standard fields are only locked up on the custom forms.