Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Training Assets Repository

Level 2

Hello,

We generate training assets on a regular basis; video recordings of sessions, documents, PDFs, etc... We would like to set up a library within Workfront where users can quickly find what they're looking for across a range of subjects.

Has anyone had success with this, and do you have any best practices for how to set up a repository that you can share?

Sincerely,

Bill Harnett

4 Replies

Level 10
Hey Bill, Now we’re talking! Workfront is pretty slick when it comes to producing these sorts of dashboards and web sites. Hit me up at https://wf-pro.com/contact and we’ll discuss a WFPro Live Deep Dive on this subject and it’s a hot topic at my company now. Thanks, Narayan

Level 5

I don't know if what we did is a 'best practice,' but I can share what we did and other options we considered. We recently released a new process at my company and offered live training sessions and on-demand custom training guides and video. We decided to place this content into a 'Training Materials' folder that resides in the Project Template for this particular process. That way, whenever a project is created using this Project Template, the Training Materials folder is easily accessible to the users when they have an active project. Other considerations we had were to create a project with this content (i.e., Training Materials Project) and share the project with the appropriate users. Or, create an announcement in the Workfront Announcement Center and attach the training materials. I'd love to hear if others have different solutions.

Level 2

We would like to do this as well. My first thought would be Workfront can you provide this functionality for us :)

My second thought is, creating a project and each task would be a project and you can attach documents to each task and the project would be "All Trainings" @Elena Dooley‚

Level 5

And actually, as an update, I created the Workfront FAQs report from page 22 of the cookbook (2021.07+Reporting+cookbook_final.pdf (workfront.com)) to link out to various internal process and training documents, which are hosted on our Workfront resource page on SharePoint. The above is still in effect, but the Workfront FAQs report has been a good option and I have the report on a dashboard pinned to all users' layouts via layout templates.