Expand my Community achievements bar.

Any Media/Press Relations Using Workfront?

Level 2

I am implementing Workfront for our corp comm and marketing departments, which includes Media Relations. My director of Media Relations is interested in speaking with other companies using Workfront for managing press and media work. Anyone out there?‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

16 Replies

Level 2

Hi Christina

Although we ( Spark44 ) don't yet directly use Workfront for managing media and press work, I worked in the UK press industry for many years so I've a good understanding of the industry. I spent 9 years as part of an editorial development and implementation team so happy to connect and answer any questions/queries you may have around Press/Media. I also know my way around Workfront configurations and admin.

Feel free to get in touch.

Marc

Level 2

‚Hi Marc,

We are still in config, but as I am tasked as the admin, I will surely hit you up for your experience. I know we will have a rough adoption, so I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks so much! I will be in touch.

Regards,

Christina

Level 2

No problem Christina.

Reach out when you're ready and I assist as best I can.

Kind regards

Marc

Level 1

We use it to track media work and press releases, but only have a very basic set up. I have two press release templates, one for earnings releases which require additional sign-offs/steps, and one for basic news releases. We have the workflow for reviews and translation built right in to the templates. I've set up a program in WF called media so we can track all our media activity. Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thanks so much, Laurie. Would you be willing to speak with our Media Relations director? He's been very supportive, but his staff is a bit resistant. I'd also be interested in what your templates look like. I'm located in NYC.

Level 3

Hi Christina - we manage parts of our media & press release processes through Workfront. We're revamping them at the moment, but I'd be happy to chat and trade some ideas on processes, templates, & how to handle adoption issues. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Level 2

‚Hi Matt,

That would be great! Would you be able to contact me at vlachosc@coned.com or 212-460-2720.

Thanks,

Christina

Level 2

Hi Matt and Christina, I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I am looking to implement for our PR team in the next couple of months.

Matt, would you mind sharing any custom forms and/or templates you might for for your media and press release processes? I would love any help I can get with this! Our PR team is having a tough time understanding how Workfront can help them.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Lynda Hanford

Level 5

I'd also be interested in seeing your templates or custom forms. If a meeting doesn't work you could share as attachments. Thanks!

Level 2

‚Hi Elena,

Would you be able to chat briefly tomorrow or next week?

Christina

Level 2

Hi, I would be interested, too! Just for learning, I don't have anything in place yet. Thanks

Level 2

‚Hi Lynda,

We are still setting up ourselves. Would you be able to join us at 7 am Central/8 Eastern tomorrow? Not sure of your time zone.

Email me at vlachosc@coned.com so I can extend the invitation

Thanks,

Christina

Level 2

thanks, Christina. I will email you. I am on Mountain time.

Level 5

Hi Christina

Friday - early morning from 6:30-8 Central or next week looks fine - feel free to send an invite to elena.dooley@cummins.com. Thanks!