Expand my Community achievements bar.

adding tasks to a template

Level 2
I have someone on the team who is unable to add tasks to an existing template. They have the ability to manage the template through project sharing. They also have a Planned license. Does anyone know why this individual is unable to add a new task to a template? Thanks, Risa Wilson CHOA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7
Hopefully, I am understanding your question correctly, but in order to be able to add Tasks (or make any other changes) to a Template, an individual needs to have "Manage" access permission on the Template itself (via Template Sharing). Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
They do have Manage access from Template Sharing. This is what is so confusing....any additional thoughts? Risa Wilson CHOA

Level 7
Huh...and just double checking, the Access Level that the individual is associated with has the "Edit" button turned on for Templates? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
So finally got this figured out.... Apparently, this user had a specific Grouping set up which was causing her not to have access to Add Tasks. Changing her Grouping to Nothing, allowed her to now have access to add tasks. Thanks for your help. Risa