Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding Object Type to Parameter Report

Level 2

I use a parameter report to build a data dictionary. The report lists the custom field's name, label, field type, what form(s) it is being used, and last update. I want to add a column for object type to show what object (e.g. issue, project) the form is attached to, but unable to find the right reference in the API Explorer to update text mode. Any suggestion on how to accomplish this or should I try another type of report?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't think there's a way to do that with a parameter report, unless you'd like to rename the report so that it contains the object type. (we somewhat do this in our instance, but I know it's not to everyone's taste -- so e.g. we have a General Support Request form, and a General Support Project form -- this just helps everyone be clear on what the form is.)

Employee

Hello, 

This is not currently an option according to our API Explorer. You could explore the option of a Custom Form report which references the "categoryParameters" collection, but that could get overly complex if you had forms with large numbers of fields contained within it. 

As always, feel free to submit a support ticket if you require further assistance with this. Thanks!