Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding notes (via API) as a reply to an existing note

Level 1

Hey there,

I'm looking to add a note/reply to an existing projects (note/update/comment/reply) using the API.

I am able to add a note to an existing project via the endpoint "/attask/api/v17.0/note" using a POST request.

{
  "noteObjCode": "PROJ",
  "objID": <<PROJECT OBJ ID>>>,
  "noteText": "Test message"
}

And this successfully comes through with the same outcome as "New comment" in the Workfront online interface.ChristopherPi3_0-1717158830453.png

I can't however work out how to add a note, to this note. i.e. The same outcome as "Reply".

Published Notes don't appear to have their own ObjIDs, and I've tried various versions of the ID, threadID, topObjID, etc, to no avail.

Any thoughts on how this can be achieved? e.g.

ChristopherPi3_1-1717159269601.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

to create a reply to a note, you just need to do the same, you already did, to create a note, but additionally pass the parentNoteID.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Chris,

you need to include threadID in the API call you use to post a note. We do that in our instance and it's definitely doable.

Good luck

Rafal

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

to create a reply to a note, you just need to do the same, you already did, to create a note, but additionally pass the parentNoteID.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

This solution works! Thanks Lars! Much appreciated.

Community Advisor

ahh, true, parent note it is,

funny enough both can have, and likely often do have the same ID (parentNote and thread)