Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding multiple templates to projects

Level 1

We use projects to traffic in house creative projects which can often have multiple rounds of reviews and changes. We have created separate templates to attach to projects for additional rounds that weren't originally planned in the project. 

Is there a way to account for when these additional templates are used? Reporting only seems recognizes the original template chosen for the project and I have no way of tracking the additional templates that were added

6 Replies

Community Advisor

yes that's correct, there's not. You can somewhat finagle the system by tracking specific tasks through the template task ID (each time a particular template task is attached hopefully indicates that this template was used). Our team tracks the additional template usage through Fusion.

Level 1

Thank you for the feedback! Would you mind sharing how Fusion works to track the additional template? We are currently in the assessment phase of adding Fusion to our instance and this may help us decide

Thank you!

Community Advisor

we implemented the solution over a year ago, so of course there could be better ways to do it but in summary:

1) put a specific task in each template for fusion to find

2) set fusion to look for the task whenever a project is created

3) fusion will infer from the task's template task id, which template it came from

4) fusion will write (or add) the name or ID of the template to a custom paragraph field on the project (obv fusion will run out of room at some point, so the requirement is that you keep your notes short)

5) fusion will delete the task

6) you'll be able to use this field to audit for specific template usage via a WF report

--------------------------------

If you liked my post, please like my ideas at
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17528599/contributions...

--------------------------------

Level 1

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate the help!

Community Advisor

While you're still considering Fusion, I found this post last week that gave me a way to report on additional templates used on a project

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/how-can-i-run-a-report-on-quot-...