Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding Multiple Template Schedules to same Project - Agile thing

Level 7
Hello, We have been working to merge scrum/agile in with waterfall projects. (I know.....) of course these projects are streamline and predecessor driven and typically about 2-4 weeks in duration. The only way I've been able to do this (which is far from ideal but working) is to have a scrum template and a production template in same project. using parent task to let scrum tasks get completed without affecting the production template. (their dates get all messed up from sprints - but we don't care...as long as our schedule stays in tact) we have a few duplicate tasks where they have to complete a task in both schedules but doesn't seem to be bothering them. mktg is converting their "story/issue" to a project with very limited information --when they have everything -pre work - info for added custom forms they assign to creative production.... I have been adding the production template and choosing a parent (of a parent) task and attaching....but since that parent task was started when project was started I am having to manipulate dates too much....I am about to try using that as a predecessor instead of parent but seems like there must be an easier way ****Finally the question- how do you add a second schedule and make that schedule the actual project "start date" and trump the first schedule? any help appreciated!! Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida
2 Replies

Level 5
Hi Tegwyn, Am following this also, as I am interested in how to combine the 2... I'm not totally sure I follow, but it sounds like 2 templates on the one converted project? If that's the case, you gave me the idea that one way this could work, is using - https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-Cross-Project-Predecessors-638211475 maybe even combine with the 'enforced' predecessors, if there was little flexibility in the project timelines (?) - that way you could have 2 different schedules on each project - however, this won't make one 'trump' the other - just be reliant on the other, possibly...although, not tested and not used these yet... Just an idea....but, would be great to hear back from the community on this, for sure... Miranda Rais GVC

Level 7
Hi Miranda, I am just seeing your reply and wanted to Thank you. I am checking out link now. I do think I read it before but it may have been premature. ****are you going to LEAP?- need to find thread as I am sure one must exist with registration going on. I am going to see if anyone working in agile and waterfall would like to get together for like a show and tell .... not sure the networking sessions will be good for that or not. I didn't walk away from mine last year with any new takeaways and was disappointed. Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida