Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding milestones to task en masse

Level 3

The use case:

We are moving to using milestones on a template. I have the template all set up, and can see the 177 projects that are active and use it. I basically want to find a way to mass add the milestone tasks to the same task on all 177. I can derive, say, all 177 INITIATION parent tasks easily. But when I go to mass edit, the Milestone Step is not available.

Am I doing this backwards? Is this actually impossible to do other than 1-1? Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Ryan,

We faced this issue a few years ago when we decided to start using milestones after we had already launched several hundred projects for the year.  We had to use Fusion to bulk-apply milestones to our tasks in existing projects.  If I recall correctly, it was not possible to edit/bulk-edit milestones from within a task report.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Ryan,

We faced this issue a few years ago when we decided to start using milestones after we had already launched several hundred projects for the year.  We had to use Fusion to bulk-apply milestones to our tasks in existing projects.  If I recall correctly, it was not possible to edit/bulk-edit milestones from within a task report.

Level 10

Hi @RyanMcGee,

I invite you to consider our Sync Template solution, which allows you to periodically adapt Template Tasks as things change (such as adding Milestones, in your case), then synchronize those adjustments out to the filtered Projects of interest.

Regards,

Doug

You need to make sure you add the Milestone Path first, then the Milestones should be available.