Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adding Custom Forms to Documents

Level 8

I would like to begin adding custom forms to our documents for some reporting features we want to use - the problem is we have to add each custom form.

When we create projects we use templates that already have custom forms attached. Is there a way to attach custom forms to documents based on a template? Or a default? or any other way to add custom forms too documents that isn't one-by-one.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Samantha,

I invite you to consider our Excel Updater solution which will allow you to efficiently add custom forms to multiple documents, and (in a second pass) optionally update the data, too.

For background, Custom data on Documents are treated differently than on data (such as Projects, Tasks, Issues, etc.), and one of the main differences is that they cannot be bulk attached; which is why we (recently) enhanced Excel Updater to fill that need.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

Hi !

Thanks Doug for potential workaround. Unfortunately that will not work on my side.

Really hope that this will be improved on workfront at one point.

Submitted a related idea : https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oOaaQAE/detail

Cheers,