Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Add something to show what was selected in the prompt for a report

Level 6

I am using a prompted report that filters for a multi select dropdown on a user custom form. I would like to add some sort of indicator of which prompt was selected. I realize if you are on a report view you can do a "Show Prompts" but in my case this report is part of a dashboard and I would like for it to show there.

Can we do some sort of calculated field to show the prompt then group on it?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Mollie,

I don't think this is possible with current functionality. This sounds like something great for the Innovation Lab. Maybe someone else has some ideas for a work around.

I know I've seen @Kundan Kumar‚ and @Doug Den Hoed‚ talk about report prompts in the past, maybe they have an idea to suggest for a work around or would be willing to vote for your Innovation Lab submission.

Kyna

Level 10

Thanks for the tag @Kyna Baker - inactive‚,

I agree that it's a good idea Mollie (and often do similar in our Magic Reports solutions), but am not aware of a way to reveal the selected prompt within Classic reporting. In addition to the Innovation Lab, I'll also relay the tag to @Matt Thomas‚ to consider for the New Reporting Experience.

Regards,

Doug

Level 6

Hi all, Thanks for the replies! Bummer there is not a solution for now. New Workfront reporting CAN NOT get here soon enough! @Matt Thomas‚

Employee

I agree, new Reporting can not get here soon enough! We definitely see the need for providing more information for each report when you are viewing it. Information like what it is filtered on, regardless of if that is a table filter, prompt or page filter, all of that information should be at their finger tips.