Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add Hours to Issues

Level 4

Is anyone aware of any pre-requisites to adding hours to Issues?

My user doesn't have the option to add hours to the Issue she has worked on?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The log hours moved with the redesign of the updates area. The new commenting experience was in beta for while but recently became the default for all users. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/update-work-items-view-updates/update...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

There are few places you can look to troubleshoot this but I would start by checking the share settings on the issue to make sure the user has at least contribute access to the issue and that log hours is enabled.

KellieGardner_1-1701360847153.png

From the project level you can view the access rights of the users that get assigned to issues and create defaults access rights for them. 

KellieGardner_3-1701360969328.png

Level 4

Hi Kellie

Thanks for your reply. 

I have checked this and the permission to 'Log Hours' is enabled for 'Contribute' access which is the level my user has.

Thomas

Level 4

Hi Kellie 

Just looking at this again and it looks like the option to 'Add Hours' has shifted onto the Updates tab for our users on a Worker licence. 

Is this a planned change? Or a glitch in our system? 

Thomas

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The log hours moved with the redesign of the updates area. The new commenting experience was in beta for while but recently became the default for all users. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/update-work-items-view-updates/update...

Level 4

Hi Kellie 

Thanks for this. 

One last query. This hasn't moved for some of our users using New Commenting. 

Any idea why this would only certain users?

Community Advisor

It's possible these users turned off the new commenting experience to go back to the legacy version.

KellieGardner_0-1701447628993.png

It should be noted, the option to go back and forth will be removed in January (I believe) so getting accustomed to the new commenting beta is encouraged in preparation for that.