Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add a column to a project report with a value from a custom form attached to a task

Level 2

I found a few older threads about this, but the solutions didn't seem to work for me, so I'm hoping to get feedback on what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to add a column to a project report that will pull in a value from a custom form field that is attached to a parent task within the project called "Link to Published Content." It's a free text field. The way the projects and the report are set up, there should only be one paren task with a value in that field per project. I tried adding the following in text mode for the column, but it's not returning any values, even where that field is not empty. I'm fairly new to text mode in reports, so I'd appreciate any feedback: 

displayname=Link to published report
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={DE: Link to Published Content}
valuefield=name
valueformat=HTML

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I feel like there's a problem with your syntax in that you have a valuefield and valueexpression line both in your block of text mode. I'd probably experiment with taking out the valuefield line.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

You would need to start with a task report and then pull in the project fields that you need.

Thank you, @Stacey_Robertson. I suppose that would be a simple solution, but most of the fields in the report are project fields, including one that I'd like to be able to occasionally edit directly in the report, but I won't be able to edit a project field from a task report. I believe there is a way to do this using collections (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-col...), I just seem to be doing something wrong in text mode. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I feel like there's a problem with your syntax in that you have a valuefield and valueexpression line both in your block of text mode. I'd probably experiment with taking out the valuefield line.