Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Active tasks doesnt show up on my user's timesheets

Level 1

Hi everyone, 

Anyone has this issue: My users have very inconsistent experience with things displayed on their timesheets. Many times the complete tasks still showed up even it had passed the timeframe. And active tasks with 0% complete in the timeframe that assigned to them don't show up at all.

I know all the workaround solutions but it just like a bandage for much bigger issue. I really hope Workfront will have an answer for this issue. I asked my assigned customer support but he couldn't give me a satisfied answer.

Thanks

Ivy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would check the following

• Is the Project set to Current or Planning?
  • Is the task pinned to the timesheet?
  • Are there any filters applied?
  • Was there time logged for the timesheet time period to the completed task?

Also review the Configure timesheet and hour preferences documentation. If you have screenshot examples we can better troubleshoot what's happening.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would check the following

• Is the Project set to Current or Planning?
  • Is the task pinned to the timesheet?
  • Are there any filters applied?
  • Was there time logged for the timesheet time period to the completed task?

Also review the Configure timesheet and hour preferences documentation. If you have screenshot examples we can better troubleshoot what's happening.

Level 1

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I'm working with a project that is Current. I created a new task "test task" and assigned it to myself. Then I clicked "work on it". The task is dated to start on 2/16/24 and end on 2/26/24. I opened my timesheet for the week of 2/12/24 - 2/18/24 - the new task does not appear. I opened my timesheet for the week of 2/19/24 - 2/25/24 - the new task does not appear. I tried this with two different projects, both of which are Current. I don't see anywhere to filter what appears on my timesheet so I don't think I have filters applied.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jacquelyn 

Community Advisor

That's odd. There is a quick filter on timesheets but I doubt you have something typed there. Based on what you said it should be showing on the timesheet. Can you double-check that the planned completion dates are 2/16 - 2/26 and not the projected dates?

If the dates are planned, I would reach out to Support and tell them you're not getting results as expected.

Level 1

Hi Monique, 

The Planned Start Date is 2/16/24. The Planned Completion Date is 2/26/24. 

The Projected Start Date is 2/19/24 (I cannot edit this field). The Projected Completion Date is 2/27/24. 

Screenshot attached. 

Level 2

Something worth checking is if the task has a predecessor (or is within a parent task that has one) and if that predecessor has been met.
Just double-triple checking that the task is active/ready to start.

Level 1

Thanks Denise. I checked - unfortunately no predecessors on the task itself or the parent that it's within. 

Community Advisor

For tasks still showing that have been completed past the timeframe, are you sure those users haven't pinned those tasks in their timesheet? Pinned items will stay in each timesheet until they're removed...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )