Expand my Community achievements bar.

Account Manager wants working list or Issue Queue

Level 1

Hello, I have an account manager who wants to create an issue queue for her clients needs. Some of these issues would eventually be turned into projects, some issues would never turn into projects as they are her to-dos, and some would be denied or delayed. Has anyone set up something like this before? We've recently started experimenting with the Boards view (mainly Kanban). The account manager has requested fields for project name, client name, input date and status. Any input is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi Amoreena, 

Wow! Firstly, congrats to your account manager's desire to really get into WF and use it for their overall work management. Brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Secondly, what you're touching on is a bit of work management philosophy and prioritization. Two questions to answer before looking at a viable solution. 

1) Does you account manager receive requests today? 1.a) How does that happen? via email, DMs, etc.

2) How detailed does you account manager want to get with work management? Broad strokes, finite details, some where in between. 

Based on these two questions there are a couple different solutions. 

Broadly, you can set up one project as a request queue that receives the requests through WF (and also via email if you set up an address to pass through to WF). From there, the requests can be vetted for "is this a project" or "does this go to my to do list?" If project, simply convert the request to project via your standard (i.e. with templates) and away you go. If it's a To Do list item, there's a couple alternatives here. I would suggest creating an "evergreen" or open project for your account manager. Then they can convert the request to a Task in that project. This can be a running tally of all their To Dos. You can organize this however you think is best. Additionally, you can leverage this in the New Home for the My Work widget. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best, 

Joaquin

If this helped, please mark it answered for others to find.