Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Access to specific fields in a custom form (WF app in SF/Fusion)

Level 4

Hello,

We're testing building a scenario in Fusion that allows users to use the integrated Workfront app in Salesforce (create a WF request inside Salesforce). We have a form on our request queue that includes CRM type fields (client information) and that data is housed in Salesforce. We don't want our requestors to have to fill them in as we can pull that information from Salesforce and populate in Workfront with Fusion. So, we want to be able to keep the fields on the form so we can push data into them from Salesforce to Workfront via Fusion but not have them viewable by the requestor when they select the queue. I tried hiding them with logic and was able to successfully push data into them but they remained hidden on the form. My hope was that the fields would appear once populated!

I'm looking at the Field sharing functionality now. Has anyone used this? What settings did you use? Will this accomplish what I'm trying to do? Hide a field from a requestor but make it viewable to the team intaking the request.

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

afaik you can only use the field sharing to manage the access for the form editor but not for the objects' usage. What you could try is to use a section break (all fields below that element follow the permissions set until another section break is set):

ChrisBudgen_0-1669996205691.png

ChrisBudgen_1-1669996224067.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

afaik you can only use the field sharing to manage the access for the form editor but not for the objects' usage. What you could try is to use a section break (all fields below that element follow the permissions set until another section break is set):

ChrisBudgen_0-1669996205691.png

ChrisBudgen_1-1669996224067.png

Level 4

Thank you, Chris

Yes, I was able to set the permission of the section break and it worked as we needed it to!