Expand my Community achievements bar.

A way to see all tasks for a person including team tasks

Level 8

I'm looking for a way to see all the tasks that are assigned to an individual, including tasks that are assigned to any team they are a apart of. I ran a task report and used to Assigned To Id = and got close but am missing tasks that are assigned only to teams that I am on. Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

I'd love to know this as well. I got pretty close but the report falls apart if someone is NOT assigned to a team. So in other words, if their team field is empty, they'll get results from all the tasks which were NOT assigned to teams (which is weird, hilarious, disappointing and... whatever)

We were searching for the following filters.

PS: Already tried Galen's mod ("AND:1:") which broke the report even further.

Employee

Hey,

So I asked around internally, and people suggested trying to setup an Assignment report with the filters for Assigned to ID = $$USER.ID OR Assigned to Team ID = $$USER.teamsID and it should work — it will pull in all tasks (and issues) assigned to the logged in user or those assigned to any of the teams they are associated with.

Does that answer what you were looking for?

Kyna

Employee

On top of that, if they are looking only for tasks, a task report with a filter of "Assignment Users" should work just as well. =)

Community Advisor

this worked for my report! The $$USER.homeTeamID field was what was breaking it (not sure why) but it doesn't hurt to leave it out. (I probably should have thought that through sooner :)

Level 10

I have a related question:

We've ended-up "stuck" with two reports (Task reports): one for tasks assigned via teams, one for tasks assigned directly. Not ideal, but workable; would be better if they were together in one report.

We also have the complication of tasks being multi-assigned (could be assigned to a team as well as 2+ individual users).

I'm already using Assignment Users ID in $$USER.ID. Is this the best way?

I created these early on in our deployment and am wondering...would a Assignment report be better somehow? Would I still be able to pull-in Task information?

Employee

Hey Kevin,

The Assigned To points to the owner. Assignment Users points to any user assigned to the object, regardless of if they are the owner, if there's a team, or if there's a solo role assigned to the object. I would recommend just using an OR statement on your task report, something like..

Assignment Users - Name - Equals - $$USER.ID

OR

Task - Team ID - Equals - $$USER.teamIDs

Hope this helps!

Level 10

Thanks Dustin!

I'm testing this idea with the users.