Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

A designer sends the proof URL to Reviewers. At times some of the reviewers are being asked to sign in to review the proof. I would like to disable this option. Is that possible?

Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Quelle,

The 'Login Required' configuration is a global setting, not one that can be applied on a proof by proof basis. If you are a proofing admin, you will need to navigate to the proofing admin panel, then go to account settings and then settings - there should be intructions in the article I mentioned on how to locate this.

I suspect that the reason some people are not asked to log in to view the proof is because they are already logged into Workfront when clicking on the proof link.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Quelle,

Take a look at this article on Workfront One here. Under the section named 'Configure proof defaults' thre is a paragraph that talks through setting 'Login Required' where you can disable the option which forces users to log into the system in order to view proofs.

Please be aware however that by disabling this option, proofs can then be shared with guest reviewers (i.e. people that aren't necessarily part of your organisation).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Rich.

Level 2

Hi Richard.

Thank you for your response. Where do I find "Proof Settings"? Typically I'm able to go into the document details and adjust the workflow if needed. However, the designer sends a link that opens up the proof window but asks for the log in. And when I try to log in it says its incorrect (..heavy sigh...). This isn't always the case, sometines the link allows you access to the proof. I'd like to fix this so that the team can have access to the proof through the link OR find a better way to review web pages in the proofing area.

Thanks,

Quelle

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Quelle,

The 'Login Required' configuration is a global setting, not one that can be applied on a proof by proof basis. If you are a proofing admin, you will need to navigate to the proofing admin panel, then go to account settings and then settings - there should be intructions in the article I mentioned on how to locate this.

I suspect that the reason some people are not asked to log in to view the proof is because they are already logged into Workfront when clicking on the proof link.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Yep, I think I found it (YAY).

Thanks Richard!

Level 10

Hi. If this doesn’t stop the problem, and you are using SSO, it may be that the designer isn’t using the “share” feature properly. I have this problem constantly with people who email the public link, or don’t use the correct sharing section within proof ‚Äî ie they use “email the link” instead of “share the proof”, where proof isn’t connecting the link to the specific user and so sends them to a Sign In page which doesn’t work with SSO users, sending everyone into an endless loop of frustration. Just mentioning this here in case this is happening, it took me quite a while to figure it out and train everyone to stop sending links and ONLY share from inside the proof.

Level 2

Hi thanks for this info. This is EXACTLY what's happening with my group. I will look into this. Thanks again.

Level 10

For a while we had a chant of “Share Share” to remind people what to do‚Äî the share link is 2 clicks away and halfway down the list, which, IMHO is bad user interface for the primary way to share a proof. . Then Workfront changed the verbiage so it no longer says “Share” making it even harder to remember, and we never came up with another way to learn it beyond my repeating the instructions with screenshots every time it happens.