Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Watch Events module outputting of custom fields

Level 6

I'm working on a scenario with a Watch Events module--it's triggered when a custom project field (1) exists; and (2) is changed (the custom field is a date field).  I added a Set Variable module used to parse the date.  However, I've discovered that the custom field is not available in the mapping panel under the Watch Events module; instead I have to add a Read a Record module to output the custom field (and then use that in the Set Variable module).

When I look at the scenario history, the output of the Watch Events module includes all of the custom project fields and their values (under the newState collection).  Is there a reason why these fields wouldn't be available in the mapping panel of downstream modules--particularly when one of these fields is the basis for the scenario trigger?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you run the watch module individually, then trigger an object to be sent to it with your fields defined, it should be available. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you run the watch module individually, then trigger an object to be sent to it with your fields defined, it should be available. 

Level 6

Ah, thanks.  I didn't let the Watch Events module sufficiently process originally.