Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Turn off inherited permissions on task level using Fusion / API

Level 8

Hello,

perhaps I just looked at the wrong places, but I am trying to find a solution for this:

If a task is set to a specific status, the users should not be able to modify the dates within the task.
As I am not aware of any other solution, I would like to implement the following workaround, which fulfils my needs.

Since we have the new sharing modal, there is the possibility to turn off inherited permissions. Afterwards I would like to grant access to the project's group with view access only. This will prevent editing all fields in the task, but I think there is no other way.

Now I need to find a solution to automate this using Fusion:

Watch Event for status change -> Turn off inherited permissions -> Grant access to project group

Does anybody know, if there is an easy way to do that?

In the meantime I will have a look at the ACSRUL endpoint and try my luck...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

We turned off inherited permissions on a folder. I'm sure it's the same. I hope this helps. 

KIMBERLYREA_1-1713896370184.png

KIMBERLYREA_0-1713896351128.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know the answer, but if you figure out how to enable/disable inherited permissions, please let me know

Level 8

Hello Rafal,

I did bit "reverse engineering" and found out some stuff, but unfortunately I was not successful at the end.

• per default: inherited Permissions is turned on, only directly visible in the UI

• the collection accessRules is empty "accessRules": []

• the fields securityRootID & securityRootObjCode are relating to the parent project

• using the unsupported API there is also a field  called securityAncestorsDisabled which is set to false, if the inheritance is turned on, and to true, if turned off. Unfortunately I cannot modify this field using the API / Fusion, although I do not get an error message

• If an additional rule is created, all rules of the parent object are applied to the object and get isInherited: true and the fields securityRootID & securityRootObjCode get related to the task itself. Both fields are read_only.

It is absolutely frustrating, as I tried around a lot, but without success.

Perhaps someone has another idea...

Regards

Lars

Level 8

I also tried to use the Misc Action module to move the task to the exact same project with the option

clearPermissions, but the permissions are still inherited afterwards...

Community Advisor

the only thing that I saw was that inherited permissions are controlled by an option:

Rafal_Bainie_1-1713876587093.png

this gets cleared when inherited permissions are in place

Level 8

Yes, there is also a thread here, relating to this option and doing a call, which "emulates" the user action to turn off the inheritance and save.

This is using the "endpoint" /internal/share/setAccessRules.

The content-type needs to be application/x-www-form-urlencoded then. Unfortunately I was not able to adapt this whole thing into Fusion, so I tried to find a way using the API.

Besides that I also do not really like this solution, as any changes in the UI could break the whole thing...

But I do not want to give up yet, so perhaps I will give this workaround another try...

Regards

Lars

Level 8

Hello,

I think I finally made it using Fusion to use this "emulated UI" approach...

I need to attend a meeting now and clean up a bit, before posting the "solution" here.

At the moment I feel a bit relieved, as it is working, but I am still not sure, if it makes sense to use such a workaround in production...
Besides that, I am asking myself, why I spend so much time into this...

Regards

Lars

Correct answer by
Level 9

We turned off inherited permissions on a folder. I'm sure it's the same. I hope this helps. 

KIMBERLYREA_1-1713896370184.png

KIMBERLYREA_0-1713896351128.png