Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Transfer custom data from approved issue to request using Fusion

Level 3

Hi, 

I have a set of modules in a scenario to convert approved issues to be project. However, I notice that we are not able to carry over the custom data from the issues to the resolving project unless the fields or forms are attached to the project beforehand. 

ArthurChalamet_0-1704911061223.png

I know we might be able to resolve this by attaching the custom form to the project template so that once it is converted, the forms will be there to capture the information from the requests. 

However, we don't think this is feasible since we have a lot of queue topics with different forms and we don't want to bombard our project templates with 5-10 custom forms. 

May I know what would be the best practices to carry over the custom data when converting an issue to a project using Fusion?

Any appreciate is appreciated. Thanks!

Regards, 

Arthur

2 Replies

Level 2

Hello,

Bumping this as I am having the same hurdle. I am attempting to convert an Issue to a Project. I am using the Misc action to convertRequestToProject but the original request includes a custom form that will not be available on the Templates it will be using to convert.

How can I go about converting the issue while carrying over any Custom Forms on the original request even if the form is not available on the destination Templates.

Thanks!

Level 3

Same issue here! Have you treated 'create a record with attached forms'? 

Having the form on all the objects is the only way I've been successful.