Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Organization of Fusion scenarios

Level 9

Hello,

I already posted this here, but was not aware of the fact, that old posts do not get on top if updated...

So I wanted to ask for some input / tips concerning "organzation within Fusion".

We need some ways so have a better overview over our Fusion scenarios. As it is not possible to create subfolders, we are only able to put specific scenarios into a corresponding folder, but are not able to divide by topic.

So far, we have only created a single team, as the administration of Fusion is carried out exclusively by our IT team.

Now I had the idea to use the teams as the "root layer" and the folders within the teams for "topics".

Would that make sense, or are there any stumbling blocks that might make us regret restructuring?

I am looking forward to hear your thoughts and possible doubts...

Besides that, I created some helpful Python scripts, which talk to the Fusion API to backup scenarios, webhooks, connections and data structures. The next step will be to put them into a Gitlab.

Another idea that has been on my mind for some time is, to program a Python script, which "converts" a Fusion blueprint into an UML diagram for documentation. I'm often a bit annoyed by the fact that you can't see the most important parameters of a module at a glance and that clicking on and displaying this information sometimes takes 10 - 15 seconds.

Regards

Lars

3 Replies

Level 3

"Besides that, I created some helpful Python scripts, which talk to the Fusion API to backup scenarios, webhooks, connections and data structures. The next step will be to put them into a Gitlab."

How did you manage to get Blueprint data out of the scenarios? 

I wish we could have a template how to automate the GitHub/Lab upload of blueprints and other Fusion data.

Conversion of a Fusion blueprints into an UML diagrams for documentation is also an awesome idea.

Level 9

Hello Viktoriia,

As Fusion is a "fork" of make.com, most of this documentation concerning the API also works for Fusion.

To get all blueprints (incl. older versions) of a scenario you need a GET request to 

<fusion_api_url>/scenarios/<scenarioID>/blueprints

Your headers need to include the API token, you can manually create under Fusion Profile -> API.

fusion_headers = {
   'Authorization': f'Token {fusion_api_token}',
   'Content-Type': 'application/json'
}

To get the blueprint itself, you need a GET call to 

<fusion_api_url>/scenarios/<scenarioID>/blueprint

where you need to pass the blueprintID as a query parameter.

If you save the response into a JSON file, you will be able to import this into a new scenario later using Import Blueprint.

Regards
Lars