Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Nested IF/OR Field Mapping in Fusion Module

Level 10

Hi Fusion Community,

I have an update module with a field mapping where I want to create an OR statement with two IF's.
I have it set up as such, thus far:

Raw text

{{if((268.`DE:Last Month’s Revenue to be Recognized` + 239.`DE:Total Revenue Recognized To Date`) - 477.`DE:Total Committed Price_Asset` > 0; 0; 268.`DE:Last Month’s Revenue to be Recognized`) | if((268.`DE:Last Month’s Revenue to be Recognized` + 239.`DE:Total Revenue Recognized To Date`) - 477.`DE:Total Committed Price_Asset` < 0 & 1.`DE:Program Status` = "Completed"; 0; 268.`DE:Last Month’s Revenue to be Recognized`)}}

Screen shot of module field mapping

Update LMRTBR_030223_b.png

This OR expression doesn't seem to be working.  Maybe because the OR is an expression?

Anyone have any idea how I can make this an OR statement?
Thanks,
Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct, an if statement is limited to a single option for true and a single option for false. What you described would work, and would probably be the easiest/most readable method. Or if you could nest them that could work, like you could do IF({test 1}; {true action}; IF({test 2}; {true action}; IF(....... .

Or if your action depends on the true/false arrangement, you can make a switch statement for any of the arrangements that you need, with it serving a different JSON string based on the true/false-s and passing that to a WF Custom API call.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, the OR should be inside of your truthy test, so it should look something like if({test condition 1}OR{test condition 2};{result if ture};{result if false}).

Personally when I make conditions like that, I will create a set variable module right before it, and make each condition check a unique variable, and then just use the resulting true/false in the final mapping. So for example, prior to this Workfront module, I would have Test 1 Variable be your first evaluation, then Test 2 Variable be your second evaluation, and then in the Workfront module it would just be if({Test 1 Variable}OR{Test 2 Variable};{true result};{false result}). Doing it this way makes it much easier to see what the code is doing, as well as making debugging easier.

Level 10

Thanks, Chris!  The set variable idea makes good sense.  I'm implementing that.

On my update program module right after that, where I put the IF in the field mapping, what if I have more than 1 true and more than 1 false results that I want to populate?  A single IF statement seems to limit me to just 1 true result and 2 false result.

Right now I have 4 different variables being set, each will need to populate a different result in the field mapping if true.  Can I accomplish that with just one module/one IF, or do I need to set up a router after the variable, and create filters for each of the 4 different variables being true, and then 4 update program modules to populate the correct value?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct, an if statement is limited to a single option for true and a single option for false. What you described would work, and would probably be the easiest/most readable method. Or if you could nest them that could work, like you could do IF({test 1}; {true action}; IF({test 2}; {true action}; IF(....... .

Or if your action depends on the true/false arrangement, you can make a switch statement for any of the arrangements that you need, with it serving a different JSON string based on the true/false-s and passing that to a WF Custom API call.

Level 10

Awesome, thanks for the ideas, Chris!
The nested IF I was curious about, so good to see the correct format.  Might give that a try first.