Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Join a scenario path

Level 4

When I've used a router in Workfront Fusion, I often want to converge paths to run some common modules. 

Does anyone know a way how to do this? or something similar?

At the moment, I've put that section in separate scenario and called it via a WebHook. 

However, it seems like a really common thing to do an I'm surprise you can't make 2 modules merge paths somehow...?

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To make sure I understand, you're saying you have a router with two branches coming off of it, and then you want to bring the two branches back together?

If so, what I do is at the end of each of those branches, put a "Set multiple variables" module, and map whatever values you want to pass to your common path. Then, add a third path to your router, and the first module should be a "Get multiple variables" module, and map in all the variables from each branch, and then you can do your common processes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To make sure I understand, you're saying you have a router with two branches coming off of it, and then you want to bring the two branches back together?

If so, what I do is at the end of each of those branches, put a "Set multiple variables" module, and map whatever values you want to pass to your common path. Then, add a third path to your router, and the first module should be a "Get multiple variables" module, and map in all the variables from each branch, and then you can do your common processes.

Level 4

Thank you @ChrisStephens , yes this is exactly what I want to do. Your solution sounds really interesting. I found a help article with something similar to what you suggested: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/exercises/set-get...

So, the Get Variable waits for a variable to be set? I didn't realise this. Thank you! 

I'll do some more testing. 

Rob

Community Advisor

So it doesn't wait, but the way that Fusion runs is linear, and it will process rungs off the router in a top-down method, so as long as your common code is the last one to run, you will be good to go.

P.S. The order that rungs are attached to routers dictates their "height" position off the router, so make sure your common code is the last to attach.

Level 4

Awesome!! You Rock. Thank you for the advice.

Rob