Expand my Community achievements bar.

Integration: Mapping 3 fields from one tool into one single field in Workfront

Level 9

I'm mapping 3 separate pick list fields from our DAM tool into a single field pick list in Workfront. I've been able to split the values (which come from the webhook as a unique ID and are mapped to their Workfront value) switch the values for the Workfront values and then combine them successfully.  The output is 2 separate values coming. 

KIMBERLYREA_0-1689269068184.png KIMBERLYREA_1-1689269086192.png KIMBERLYREA_2-1689269097014.png

I have added a hidden value to all my fields called "Aprimo Data Mapping Error" so the request goes through and we don't stop the work for a data issue.  

In the DAM tool, if you select a value from Business Unit, the other 2 fields are "Not Applicable" which is causing the "Aprimo Data Mapping Error" to come through. 

KIMBERLYREA_3-1689269223887.png

I'm then going in and flattening the Business Unit field but it's pulling the first output. 

KIMBERLYREA_4-1689269315735.png

QUESTION: How do I skip the value "Aprimo Data Mapping Error" so it takes the actual value to map? 

@AndyHess  Any ideas?  I have integration consulting hours but there's no consultants available for a while for me. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Kimberly,

So it sounds like you are parsing the array and when the value Aprimo Data Mapping Error exists it throws off the index so you end up selecting that value, vs the value you intend. Yes??.

Perhaps try to use the remove() array function inside your formula so that it never exists in the evaluation 

split(remove({{first array field}};Aprimo Data mapping Error),remove({{second array field}};Aprimo Data mapping Error) ;,)

Hope this helps!

Level 9

@AndyHess  

I was on a call today with @briancook  and he suggested we add a simple filter after the switch and it worked.  

Thank you for the suggestion. We're in great shape now for this integration UAT.

KIMBERLYREA_0-1689865982689.png