Expand my Community achievements bar.

Import/update many role assignments per template task

Level 10

Hi Fusion Community,

I'm looking to update a large number of template tasks with job roles.  All of these updates are for many roles per task.

Is this possible to do via Fusion?  I haven't had success with Kickstarts and have been working with Support on it, but curious if this can be done using Fusion instead?

I set up a scenario for this as follows:

• Download document module to kick things off
  • Parse CSV to separate out the columns/fields within my CSV file
  • Update record module. 
    • For the Record Type field, I was thinking of using the 'Assignment' object, but I can't seem to get a list of assignment ID's from template tasks - at least not from frontend reporting.
    • I then thought maybe I'll use the 'Template Task' Record Type, but it only allows you to map to the 'Assigned To ID' field, which is the primary assignee.  I have many assignees I need to assign to individual tasks.

Thoughts?  Ideas?

Thanks!

Nick

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 10.40.06 AM.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hello Nick,

I hope I did not get you wrong, but to get a list of assignments to template tasks, you can use the Search module on the endpoint TTSK and add assignments:* to the fields.

You can also go the other way round and talk to the endpoint TASSGN to get all assignments to template tasks.

To create an assignment to a template task, I use the Custom API module sending a POST request to TASSGN

with a body like this:

{
  "assignmentPercent": 0.0,
  "customerID": "<customerID>",
  "isPrimary": true,
  "isTeamAssignment": false,
  "objID": "<templateTaskID>",
  "objObjCode": "TTSK",
  "roleID": "<roleID>",
  "teamID": null,
  "templateID": "<templateID>",
  "templateTaskID": "<templateTaskID>",
  "work": 0.0,
  "workRequired": 0
}

This can be done multiple times to assign more than one role to a single template task.

Regards

Lars

Level 10

Thanks, Lars!  I'm off this week but will give it a try when I'm back.

Level 6

Hi Nick,

I had to do something similar with tasks on existing projects, but I think you could do the same with template tasks.

I downloaded and parsed the CSV file containing the tasks and assignment IDs, but instead of an Update Record module, I used a Misc Action module (with the assignMultiple action):

assign multiple.png

Level 6

My scenario involved assigning multiple users to tasks, but the assignMultiple action requires that you enter values for both users and roles (or enter the emptyarray keyword if not applicable), so it should work for roles as well:

multiple roles.png

Level 10

Thanks, Kristen!  I'm off this week but will give it a try when I'm back.