Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I want to export a list of projects with their associated project users

Level 3

I want to export a list of project data using Fusion. I have most of the fields configured, but I cannot figure out a way to export a list of users associated with each project (the project team). 

I see an expression in reports that refers to projectUsers. But I don’t see anything like that as an option in Fusion as a project field. Here’s what I have in text mode for the report:

displayname=Project Team Members

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

namekey=group.plural

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=user:name

valueformat=HTML

I want what that produces on that report to be part of my export from Fusion, but I can’t figure out how to get there.

I tried to use Related Records. I tried to do a search for users but can’t figure out a way to search for “users associated with this project” …

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh no, pull the project. So your record type = Project, check whatever you want in outputs (but at least check 1), then go to collections, toggle the map, and type in projectUsers:user:name.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 4

Maybe just look for the specific roles such as Project Owner, Project Sponsor, users assigned to tasks, if those are needed?

Community Advisor

Check the field projectUsers:user:name

Level 3

OK, I can see where that might be where I need to go. Thanks. But ... I am not sure what to put for the ID field here:

MichaelLandauer_0-1716493172622.png

The 2. ID is the project ID from an earlier module. I tried that in the ID field, but no luck. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh no, pull the project. So your record type = Project, check whatever you want in outputs (but at least check 1), then go to collections, toggle the map, and type in projectUsers:user:name.

Level 3

One more followup. I am sure this is just me not doing something with arrays or collections, properly. But the results I am getting are: 

[Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection], [Collection]

Community Advisor

There's a configuration error somewhere, can you screen shot your call to the project and the output bundle data, as well as where you are seeing that [Collection]?

Level 3

MichaelLandauer_0-1716558407081.png

MichaelLandauer_1-1716558507022.png

There must be a step in there where i need to convert the collection to an array maybe? 

Community Advisor

What is that output from? The names of the vars in the output makes me think it's not the raw output from the WF module, so how are you mapping the data into that second module?

Community Advisor

It should be something like this, which will give you a string that is a new line-seperated list of each user's name

ChrisStephens_0-1716571012451.png

Level 3

Yes!! That's it. That did it. Thank you for your patience with me. Really appreciate it.