Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to remove "assignmentsListString" (assigned team) in a Project task?

Level 2

Hello dear community.

I have a template where I have assigned a team in my template tasks. However, I would like to change the team for a specific user that belong to that team once project status is changed from planning to current (depending on the customer unit a user, will be the assignment) using Fusion.

I see assigned team belong to a parameter called "assignmentsListString" when I use a "read a record" module. However, when I try to delete it and replace it using an "update record" module and selecting "task" as a record type "assignmentsListString" field does not exist.

Do you know which module I can use to update the task assignment deleting a team and replacing with a user?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello esalraz,

Assignments to any objects are stored in a collection under the endpoint ASSGN.

To change assignments using Fusion, you should use the Misc Action module and chose the action assignMultiple.

Unfortunately it is not possible to add or remove a single assignment to an object using the API / Fusion, without creating the whole assignments from scratch. At least I am not aware of any corresponding option.

Running through this module would therefore overwrite all existing assignments if you do not take them into account again at this point. So, in the scenario the Read a record module to get the assignments before the change will be necessary.

When configuring the Misc Action module, you need to take care for the hints under userIDs and roleIDs, to make it work.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello esalraz,

Assignments to any objects are stored in a collection under the endpoint ASSGN.

To change assignments using Fusion, you should use the Misc Action module and chose the action assignMultiple.

Unfortunately it is not possible to add or remove a single assignment to an object using the API / Fusion, without creating the whole assignments from scratch. At least I am not aware of any corresponding option.

Running through this module would therefore overwrite all existing assignments if you do not take them into account again at this point. So, in the scenario the Read a record module to get the assignments before the change will be necessary.

When configuring the Misc Action module, you need to take care for the hints under userIDs and roleIDs, to make it work.

Regards

Lars

Level 2

Thanks a lot Lars,

It helped me and worked. Since job rol is mandatory in the Misc action module I only replaced the team for a job role but in the meantime, I avoid having a people team assigned. 

Regards

Samuel