Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

How do I find the Task ID for a project in Fusion?

Level 1

Hello!

I'm building a Fusion scenario in which there's a trigger field in a custom form attached to a project. Once that trigger gets flipped (and a number of other Fusion actions take place), I'd like Fusion to mark a specific task from the project as complete. 

Where I'm running into trouble is how to reference the Task ID for the specific task within the project. 

• I've got the array of tasks from a Read Record module in the scenario (and the name and Task ID for the task is within that).
  • The Name of the task should always stay the same, so I could filter using that. 
  • The project is created from a template and so the (project) Task in question will be created from a Template Task with a consistent Template Task ID. Not sure if that's useful in finding the Task ID.

Ultimately, I want to end this scenario with a Update Record module, and update the Status of the Task to Complete, but I need to be able to point that module to the right Task. I feel like with the factors above, I should have everything I need to identify or filter down to the right Task, but I can't seem to put it all together.

Anyone have a similar situation or ideas on how to resolve?
Thanks for any help!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Search on the Template Task ID and Project ID to get the one record and then pass the ID of that task to your final update record.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Search on the Template Task ID and Project ID to get the one record and then pass the ID of that task to your final update record.

Community Advisor

If you already have an array of all of the tasks in the project, then this is how I would do it.

1. Add the templateID to come in with your task array

2. To get the task ID, it would look like this:

get(map({task array};ID;templateTaskID;{the task ID from the template});1)

I would do it on a variable module personally, but you could do it directly on the task update module.

Level 1

Thank you! I was able to accomplish it (possibly) more simply by adding a Search module to find the right Task ID, and then a Update Record to mark it complete.