Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fusion Webhook Filter with OR

Level 2

I want my WF webhook to include multiple IDs but the filter section only includes AND. I read some other posts from a while back and it didn't look too simple to implement. Is there a simple way to add this statement to my webhook filter?

Filter: id EQUALS id1 OR id2 OR id3 ...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Unfortunately this is missing in Fusion and frustrates my very often. Months ago the support also confirmed, that they did not implement it yet.

Before Fusion I created webhooks using the Event Subscription API, and there the OR operator as well es the IN condition are perfectly working. Unfortunately I did not yet figured out a way to replace the Webhook referenced by the Watch Event module with the manually created webhook.

Although I do not really like this workaround I use a corresponding OR-filter right after the Watch Event module to cancel the scenario if not valid. But as the Watch event module mostly does not provide all necessary fields, another search module is needed in between.

I would really prefer to save some workload and especially operations in Fusion...

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Unfortunately this is missing in Fusion and frustrates my very often. Months ago the support also confirmed, that they did not implement it yet.

Before Fusion I created webhooks using the Event Subscription API, and there the OR operator as well es the IN condition are perfectly working. Unfortunately I did not yet figured out a way to replace the Webhook referenced by the Watch Event module with the manually created webhook.

Although I do not really like this workaround I use a corresponding OR-filter right after the Watch Event module to cancel the scenario if not valid. But as the Watch event module mostly does not provide all necessary fields, another search module is needed in between.

I would really prefer to save some workload and especially operations in Fusion...

Regards

Lars

Level 2

I'm new to fusion, how would you create the webhook using the Event Subscription API? I saw the Adobe article from your last post on this topic but I'm not so sure that I understand it yet.

Level 9

The documentation for the Event Subscription API is here.

To create a new webhook in this API using Fusion, you will need to use the Custom API call module.

lgaertner_0-1715960875692.png

But as described, unless you find a way to replace the webhook link of a Watch Event module with this one, you will not be able to work with it using Fusion. I used that way in Google Apps Script to process the incoming data.

At the end also Fusion uses this API to create it's webhooks.

To get a list of existing webhooks, this should help:

lgaertner_1-1715961097686.png

For both API calls it is important to know, that you will only be able to see the response using the Fusion DevTool.

Regards

Lars

Level 2

So even if I created a Workfront API webhook using the OR operator or the IN operator I would not be able to work with it in Fusion?