Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Format Date in Data Store

Level 10

Hi WF Fusion Community,

I have a data store set up, with a field called "PrvAssetStartDate", which is a date Type (in my data structure).

The data being stored in this field comes in with the following format (from the source in Salesforce) YYYY-MM-DD (e.g. 2023-05-01)

I want it to stay in this format, but after it gets inserted to the data store, it is transformed into this: May 1, 2023 12:00 AM

I tried using the formatdate and parsedate functions in the field mapping within the data store module, but they net the same result when the record data is stored in the data store (May 1, 2023 12:00 AM).

Is it not possible to apply a date format within a data store field, where the data store field Type is Date?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 1.31.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-09 at 1.29.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-09 at 1.28.49 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

After some tests, I obtained identical results. I believe this is due to the pre-set format of the date column in the data store, see below. This overrides formatDate() function.

_Manish_Singh_2-1683694781891.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

After some tests, I obtained identical results. I believe this is due to the pre-set format of the date column in the data store, see below. This overrides formatDate() function.

_Manish_Singh_2-1683694781891.png

Level 10

Thanks, Manish.
It's likely that I somehow have to transform the data after it's inputted to the data store.
Cheers.