Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Event Trigger

Level 1

Hello, I have a use case where a Project has a task and that task has a custom form attached in it. Let say a user filled the custom form fields in that task.

I want to establish a scenario where when custom form information is filled on that task, it will trigger an event which will fetch the filled custom form data information from that task.

I've tried to establish the event trigger but the options are limited,  Is it possible to do in Fusion, what steps I should follow? 

Thanks,

Subham

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

troubleshooting can be a bit tricky...

Your scenario is saved and active?

Just to clarify, are you aware of the effects of setting Exclude updated made by this connection?

If you edit your task with exactly the same account that is used for the Fusion connection to Workfront, the trigger would not be triggered by this setting. 

But you should keep it active on the webhook and try to edit the task using another account, if not already done.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

Hello Subham,

I would start with a Watch Events module

After selecting the Record Type (Task in your example) and the State (New State), you should find all fields, which belong to task specific custom forms in the first dropdown under Event filters.

Here you select one of the custom fields from your form and select Changed as the operator.

This means, that the module will be triggered by any changes of that field compared with the original (old) state.

By adding additional AND rules, you can precise your filter.

In the next step you should save and activate the scenario and give it a try, to see, what payload your module receives. Sometimes it will be necessary to add another Read a record module, to get missing information, but this depends on what you need.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Hello, 

I tried to test your approach on setting up the Watch Event Trigger.

I'm not sure when the scenario will trigger? will it trigger when I make the changes in the Custom Field mentioned in the trigger i.e DE: HP | Product ID (which I did but no trigger occurred)

SubhamPr_0-1718096327406.png

Regards,

Subham

Level 9

Hi,

Did you create a new task for your test, or did you edit the custom field on an existing one?

If you edited an existing one, you need to change the Record Origin to New and Updated Record, or Updated Record only.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Hi, 

For Testing, I'm creating a project from a template which has some tasks and subtasks in it, then I'm attaching the custom form in one of the main task. Then I'm changing form element same as my trigger filter ie DE:HP | Product ID to trigger the scenario.

I have changed the Record origin but the issue persist.

Regards,

Subham

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

troubleshooting can be a bit tricky...

Your scenario is saved and active?

Just to clarify, are you aware of the effects of setting Exclude updated made by this connection?

If you edit your task with exactly the same account that is used for the Fusion connection to Workfront, the trigger would not be triggered by this setting. 

But you should keep it active on the webhook and try to edit the task using another account, if not already done.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Hi Lars,

Yes this works, I've made the fusion connection with my alt account and scenario is working as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Subham