Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Error handling

Level 2

Where do we add the IGNORE module in a particular flow?

Does it matter where?

3 Replies

Level 4

Short answer is on the module that throws the error. However, Ignore marks the execution as a success, so it won't be obvious that you had a problem and that some modules didn't execute. Use Break to put the scenario in Incomplete Executions without halting the scenario. Error handling documentation is here, including and example of a retry loop. ~Jeff

Level 2

thank you, but how would I know which one in the future will have an error? do I have to add it to all modules then?

Level 4

Yes you would. Ignore is for when you truly don't care, which is seldom the case. I'm going to guess that what you want is something that will alert you, but doesn't turn the scenario off and derail your processes. In that case you might want to skip the "ignores" and just turn on Store Incomplete Executions. Errors will become warnings, scenarios will not be turned off, and you'll have a list that you can go through, and for each stored execution, either fix the condition that caused the warning and finish the execution, or just fix the problem and delete the stored execution.