Expand my Community achievements bar.

Converting issue to project and adding custom forms and data within them

Level 3

I'm trying to convert an issue to a project, attach a template to the project, and keep all custom forms and data associated with them. I can't seem to get the custom forms and their data to transfer over. At first I tried using the "Convert Object" module but after reading a previous post "Workfront module Convert object - custom form data" it looks like I need to use the

"Misc Action" module and Issue -> convertToProject to prevent data loss and keep all of the form metadata. I tried using only the "Copy custom data" checkbox in tandem with the name and template ID checkboxes but to no avail. I'm still new to fusion and am completely lost as I can't find any solid documentation. Do I need to use this in combination with the "copyNativeFields" and/or "copyCategories" checkboxes as well? How would I go about this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Just checking the "Copy custom data" checkbox should copy all of the custom metadata over to the new project, you shouldn't need to do the others. Try doing it without the template ID, is it overwriting what you are trying to do?

Level 3

When I remove the template ID the project does not contain the template nor the custom forms attached to it. Here is how I am assigning the template ID

Lawson02_0-1716482771501.png

And how I am able to only get the top most form through Category ID. The metadata maps over  through the copy custom data which is good, but only for the top most form

Lawson02_1-1716482829505.png

How would I get all of the forms attached from objectCategory? I have tried inserting an array here but Category ID only takes 1 string.

Community Advisor

If there is data on the custom forms on the request, then the form should be coming over. If there's not data on the form, then you either have to set the "copyCategories" field to true (this is new functionality in Fusion as of this week), or use fusion to follow up and add the custom forms to the project, either with the project action, or by interacting with objectCategories directly.

To modify any custom form but the first, you have to work with the objectCategories collection.