Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bynder Metaproperties

Level 4

Good morning!

Have some new business requirements that are just starting to get figured out and wanted to start investigating some workflow options between Workfront and Bynder; essentially when a project is complete we'd want to publish the finalized documents to the DAM.  Unlike the Workfront connector that interprets the custom fields it finds in the service and allows us to map values to those fields, the Bynder connector doesn't seem to know what taxonomy has been implemented in the Bynder service.  There is a method to GET the metaproperties, but I'm not finding a straight-forward solution to set those metaproperties.

I suspect it it is to be done within the Upload Asset or Update Asset Metadata module where I do see a section for metaproperties.  I am just struggling to find the right format for that field.  The default value there is a comma separated list of GUIDs that correlate to a group of built-in metaproperties, so I imagined I could just add other metaproperty IDs to the list and the magic would happen, but no luck.

Anyone have a blueprint with some Bynder modules they could share? 

5 Replies

Level 4

Ok......  the Bynder module is now interpreting the taxonomy and rendering UI for me to set the metaproperty options.  Weird.

Level 2

Hi Rick, are you using Fusion or another method of integrating Bynder with Workfront?

Level 4

Yes, using Fusion.  Issue is resolved.  Initially the Bynder connector in Fusion wasn't rendering the UI to set Bynder metaproperties.  It is now correctly reading all of the metaproperties (and options) from the Bynder and allowing me to configure mapping logic for those fields.

Level 2

Thanks, Rick. Do you mind sharing a rough number for what you pay to make the connection? The Fusion fee?

Level 3

@Rick_MacDuffie, do you mind sharing your blueprint with me?