Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Auto Change License Type using Fusion

Level 4

I'm trying to automate my WF license change so that if the user has not been active for the past 3 months, it will automatically change his or her license to "Requestor." I'm running a scenario in Fusion to make this possible, but I'm not sure if my conditions and fields are correct. I would like to ask for some suggestions on how to run this. This is my first time using Fusion, and I'm a little perplexed by all the modules I've configured and am attempting to self-learn.

1 Reply

Level 3

First setup a search Workfront Module to look for advance license users that have logged in less than 3 months from {now}.

Karlton_Harrison_0-1684342182682.png

The output should include ID,emailAddr,firstName,lastLoginDate,lastName,licenseType,name at a minimum. You can output other fields and custom fields if you desire. 

Second module will be Workfront Update record and select the intended license type.

Karlton_Harrison_2-1684342664097.png

Third module (Workfront Create Record - Update) should be the notification to the user and yourself that they have been reduced and why.

Karlton_Harrison_1-1684342618820.png

Sample messaging

"The Workfront Center of Excellence is pursuing full utilization of Workfront licenses that are costly to the enterprise. We have identified that you occupy a Plan license, but have not accessed Workfront for 92 days (Last Login: 2/13/23). We have reduced the license to a standard review license, which carries no cost. This allows us to re-purpose the Plan license. Please note that this adjustment can be reversed if needed. We appreciate your understanding and welcome any questions you may have."