Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Sept 7 Ask the Expert - Reporting Canvas Follow-Up

Employee Advisor

Thank you to those who attended and participated in the September 7 event, Ask the Experts - Reporting Canvas hosted by Adobe Workfront Customer Success. As promised, here is a Community discussion to continue the conversation. I encourage you all to ask your questions here as well as share ideas that you'd love to see incorporated into Reporting Canvas. 

I've included a copy of the slide deck and answers to popular questions in the chat (also included in the follow-up email for those who attended). 

Slide Deck PDF  

Popular questions from the chat: 

• How do I opt into Reporting Canvas beta? The beta is temporarily closed to new customers. Keep an eye out for communications as to when it opens again to test it out!  
  • Will single prompt dashboards be available in Reporting Canvas? Yes – you will see it called as “Canvas filter” instead.  
  • Can you export and send canvas’ (dashboards)? Yes – this was one of the most requested Idea Exchange/Ideas on the Community. You will be able to both export the canvas and send the canvas.  
  • Will a training module be created for Reporting Canvas? Yes, tutorials and a course will be created in Adobe Experience League for Reporting Canvas after it goes to GA. No training will be created for the beta version.

We are hoping to host another Reporting Canvas event when it gets closer to launch, so keep an eye out for that, in case you missed this session. 

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

With increased popularity and questions surrounding Reporting Canvas, we have included a link to the Ask the Expert - Reporting Canvas session below, for all to watch.

On-Demand Video: Ask the Expert - Reporting Canvas

Thank you to all who attended, submitted questions and engaged in the chat and we look forward to hosting another session soon! 

Level 10

Hi @NicholeVargas 

The on-demand video is not working, could you please share the active link.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 5

Is there any update on reopening the beta? The overview page still states: "We will ensure more customers can join this beta later in 2022 and will announce updates as the beta becomes available to more customers."

Employee Advisor

I reached out to the Workfront Product team asking for an update to the Reporting Canvas Beta overview page, so keep an eye out for more information! 

Level 7

Hello, I was wondering if you are allowing more people to join the Reporting Canvas beta yet? 

Employee

We are mot re-opening enrollment yet.

Based on the findings of the 2022 beta, this month we are beginning the second phase of a two-phase process to reorganize the underlying data for Reporting Canvas. The purpose of this effort is to 1) deliver accurate results to you, and 2) overcome some limitations of the tech stack that became apparent with real customer traffic on the service.

Level 2

Our operations team is revisiting Canvas now that we are able to pull non native fields. One thing that we noticed is that hyperlinks are no longer available. Is there a push to have hyperlinks enabled again for reporting?

We are creating a report on issues that are being used to compile information from our cross functional partners and need a direct link so that from a high level view they can directly go to the project where those are housed.

Level 3

Yes, we will need the ability to have hyperlinks back to the object. 

Employee

We intend to provide support for hyperlinks to be represented as active links in Reporting Canvas.

At this point, we do not have support for this capability. I do not have a timeline for when it will be available either.

Please keep the feedback coming. It is helpful to know what use cases are important to our customers as we update or reporting capabilities.

Level 2

Thank you for the quick response and line of sight to this capability. That gives us some good confidence to move forward with some initial setups and reporting creation ahead of Canvas being finalized.

Looking forward to seeing this system and all its functionality!