Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Commenting

Level 10

Why the giant waste of screen real state? Maybe the PMs only have 14" screens and don't realise they're in the minority?

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 12.50.48 pm.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Turns out, according to support that this behavior is by design… sort of. They said some display issues showed up when it displayed full width so rather than figure out why and fix it, they just made it narrower.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

interesting, in my instance (prod), the field for a new comment fills the whole width and is responsive depending on the screen size.

lgaertner_0-1693557879521.png

Level 8

My pages have the same issue of unused space on a Mac laptop and 24 inch monitor.

Mac Screen

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 1.02.49 PM.png

Monitor

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 1.03.20 PM.png

Level 10

According to support, some folks see it and some folks don't, it may be cluster based.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Turns out, according to support that this behavior is by design… sort of. They said some display issues showed up when it displayed full width so rather than figure out why and fix it, they just made it narrower.

Employee

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback on this. Let me jump in here and explain what's going on.

The reason some accounts see the full page experience and others don't is that some of the accounts are on the fast release track which means they will get changes faster than our major releases.

The design change was introduced to improve the readability of comments by narrowing the area the comment content is spread to. Our initial tests showed that the new design was well accepted, but we do understand that the real life experience can be different, so we appreciate your feedback.

We have made some adjustments to the redesigned version, so feel free to provide your feedback on it.

Level 8

Hi Anna - Would you be able to provide a screenshot for what the adjusted design looks like? Thank you!

Employee

Hi Kiersten,

Sure, it's going to look like this and adjust relevant to the screen size.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 16.13.03.png

Level 8

Confirming this is what I see on my end. Thank you!