Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visualize RTCDP data in Tableau

Community Advisor

Hello,

We have a use case where we need to visualize profile data enriched in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) using Tableau.  Upon researching, I found that we can connect AEP to Tableau via Query Service. However, to access real-time customer data platform (RTCDP) profile data and the events related to it, I would need to query and join datasets. I am uncertain whether Tableau can utilize the RTCDP profile API without any customization.

My question is whether there is a way to access the customer 360 enriched profile directly via Tableau. I am aware that in AEP, we can create a new dataset and utilize the Profile Export API to create a dataset containing details of the customer 360 profile. I am interested in knowing if there is a direct method to achieve this.

Please note:- We can visualize the data in AEP as well but right now its not an option for us.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AtulChavan ,

Your response aligns with my initial thoughts. However, I would like to know if it is possible to access both profile and event data through a single API call. Alternatively, do I need to make two separate API calls, first calling the profile API with schema.name as _xdm.context.profile to retrieve profile details, and then calling the same API with schema.name as _xdm.context.experienceevent to obtain event details?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @arpan-garg , If I understand correctly you're looking for a way directly to connect to Profile Store to access profiles & events like you connect to data lake via query service ? If yes, well profile store is accessible via only Adobe's predefined APIs. Inside tableau you may call these APIs to pull profiles using python inside tabpy.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AtulChavan ,

Your response aligns with my initial thoughts. However, I would like to know if it is possible to access both profile and event data through a single API call. Alternatively, do I need to make two separate API calls, first calling the profile API with schema.name as _xdm.context.profile to retrieve profile details, and then calling the same API with schema.name as _xdm.context.experienceevent to obtain event details?

Thanks!