Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sending Event Data from AEP to Adobe Analytics or External API

Level 3

We have received an interesting case where client wants to send event data to Adobe Analytics as well as to external vendor from Adobe Experience Platform.

Though we recommend use of CJA instead of AA, but that seems to be not possible at the moment.

Has anyone dealt with similar situation, could you offer some suggestions or advise on this?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

You can send events to the Edge Network Server API which receives the event data, and then have two datastreams configured to handle the event data.  One datastream to send to Analytics, and another datastream to send to Event Forwarding, which can send the event to external vendors. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@UserAP might not be entirely relevant to your use case so please wait for additional input but I found this in relation to the AEP->CJA discussion:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-platform/using/cja-usecases/data-ingestion/ingest-... 

Community Advisor

you can  Use AppMeasurement for Adobe Analytics right? 

We can use both WebSDK and AppMeasurement, and I don't see any issue with that.

Thank You,

Uma

Level 3

yeah but they don't use Adobe Launch at all (no client side libraries). Data is forwarded via server-side to the middle-wear, where all mapping happens but they have many issues with it.

Correct answer by
Level 1

You can send events to the Edge Network Server API which receives the event data, and then have two datastreams configured to handle the event data.  One datastream to send to Analytics, and another datastream to send to Event Forwarding, which can send the event to external vendors.