Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Reena John] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, Reena John!

Reena will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program..

Aspirants mapped to Reena aka @ReenaJohn 

1) Anmol Raj aka @anmolraj16 
2) Anish Raul aka @anishraul 
3) Nimesh Patel aka @Nimesh11 
4) Young Min Lee aka @yabc7 
5) Ajay Kuligod aka @ajayk19 
6) Rochelle Satow aka @Rochelle_Satow 
7) Sandy Coleman aka @Sandy_Support 
Yesh Desai aka @YKD 
9) Abhinav Kainth aka @akainth2 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Reena John, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to Reena John and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform Developer Expert certification (Exam ID: AD0-E605)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

21 Replies

Level 2

Good day Reena and fellow mentees.  My name is Rochelle Satow.  I am located in Cleveland, Ohio. I am an IT Test Lead for Keybank. 

One of my main platforms that I test is Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Experience Platform, including Journey Optimizer, Data Collections, Target, Analytics, and Customer Journey Analytics.

I have been in this role for almost two years. Our company has only started using the Adobe stack within the last 3 years.  I am looking to get more understanding and experience within the Adobe stack.

Look forward to learning with you and from you all.

Level 1

Hello @ReenaJohn my name is Anish Raul and I'm a Sr. Ecommerce Lead at Sling TV - Dish Network. 

I focus primarily on site personalization using RT-CDP & Target, and I am eager to learn more from you and my fellow mentees. 

Nice to e-meet you!

Level 1

Hello @ReenaJohn my name is Abhinav Kainth and I'm an Associate Manager at Optum Global Services. 

One of my main platforms that I use is Adobe Analytics, Launch & Target. I have been in this role for more than 2 years now. I am looking to get more understanding and experience with Adobe RT-CDP.

Nice to e-meet you!

Level 3

Hi  @anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @Sandy_Support , @YKD 

Hope you all are doing well!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and reach out on this thread.

Warm Regards,

Reena

Level 3

Hi  @anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @YKD 

Hope you are doing well !

Requesting to please introduce yourselves and reach out on this thread for any queries you have on the AEP RTCDP.

Please do go through the certification Prep guide  https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/246 as part of preparation for the Adobe Real Time CDP Developer Expert certification.

Level 3

@Rochelle_Satow , @anishraul , @akainth2 

Please do share your experience on the AEP use cases and any areas that you would like us to explore together

Level 2

Hi @ReenaJohn 

My experience in AEP is just starting.  I have been working in the platform from the tech side for about a year and a half.  I am overall responsible for setting up all the roles and permissions, along with testing all development including schemas, data ingestion, datasets, profiles, etc.  

I have done many of the Experience League trainings over the last year plus, however one area I am looking forward to learning a little more about is the data science/queries.

Level 1

Hi Reena,

My primary skillsets are Adobe Analytics, Launch & Target. I also have experience with Adobe Web SDK/ Mobile SDK but I want to understand more about the data modelling & about the different use cases where we can leverage the Adobe RT-CDP.

Level 3

Hi @akainth2,

Sure, thank you for sharing your current skillset.

For Data Modelling i usually do take a look on this Adobe document - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/schema/best-practices  and for RTCDP use cases check this document out with 3 different use cases -https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/use-cases/overview. Let me know if you need any help in these

Employee

Hello, @ReenaJohn and the Mentee team!

My name is Sandy Coleman and I'm a AEP specific resource at Adobe for the Technical Account Manager group.
I've been working on AEP since 2021 as a support or support aligned role.

The parts on the test that I struggled with the most were the data modeling, and the Edge/WebSDK questions, especially if they talked about Analytics report suites or Target configuration.
I look forward to learning with you all!

Level 3

Hi @sandycoleman , 

Nice to e-meet you !

Let me know if you want to discuss any specific use case on Data Modelling or the Edge/WebSDK ones, have done quite a few from my end, we could discuss and get a way out wherever you feel stuck.

A good read that you could check out for some tips on the Analytics via AEP WebSDK -  

https://medium.com/station10/approaches-to-implementing-adobe-analytics-via-aep-web-sdk-and-adobe-la...

Level 3

Hi All, 

Please do go through the certification Prep guide  https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/246 as part of preparation for the Adobe Real Time CDP Developer Expert certification.

Post any queries you have on the RTCDP and we can discuss on the same here.

Some good use cases on RTCDP that we could take a look to understand the end to end flow better -

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/use-cases/overview

Warm Regards,

Reena 

Level 3

Hi @anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @Sandy_Support , @YKD @Rochelle_Satow , @anishraul , @akainth2 

Hope you all are doing well!

As part of our preparation for the RTCDP exam,  let us discuss and learn the below mentioned modules in the upcoming weeks

• Week of Aug 5: Module 1 - Data Architecture
  • Week of Aug 12: Module 2 & 3 - Real Time Customer Profile & Data Ingestion
  • Week of Aug 19: Module 4 & 5 - Segmentation & Activation
  • Week of Aug 26: Module 6 & 7 - Governance & Administration

Alongside in the week of Aug 5 we will also discuss on the basics of AEP. Also will follow up each week with a quiz to validate our understanding.

Please feel free to tag me and ask any queries or pointers you would want to discuss on any of these modules

Warm Regards,

Reena

Level 3

@anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @Sandy_Support , @YKD 

@Rochelle_Satow , @anishraul , @akainth2 

Week of Aug 5

We will try to learn the concepts of Data Architecture along with the basics of AEP. Please go through the below link to get understand these topics. Also find below the tutorial links that have short video explanation to these topics.

Will share a quiz based on this module to validate the understanding.

Overview on AEP RTCDP:

Data Architecture -

Tutorials - 

Warm Regards,

Reena

Level 3

@anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @Sandy_Support , @YKD @Rochelle_Satow , @anishraul , @akainth2 

Week of Aug 12

We will try to learn the concepts of Real Time Customer Profile and Data Ingestion. Please go through the below link to get understand these topics.

Real Time Customer Profile -

• Real-Time Customer Profile UI guide: Provides a unified customer view by merging data from various channels, including online, offline, CRM, and third-party data. This holistic view allows for better customer insights and more personalized experiences. Learn more.
  • Merge policies UI guide: Establishes rules for integrating data fragments into a single customer view. Merge policies determine how data is prioritized and combined to form a unified profile. You can create, manage, and set default merge policies using RESTful APIs or the Adobe Experience Platform UI. Learn more.
  • Entities endpoint (Profile access): Enables profile access through RESTful APIs or the UI, allowing you to retrieve and interact with Real-Time Customer Profile data. The entities, commonly known as "profiles," can be accessed to gain insights and drive personalized customer interactions. Learn more.
  • Identity stitching: Merges data fragments to create complete profiles by identifying and combining different pieces of information that belong to the same individual. This process helps in achieving a more comprehensive understanding of customer behaviors and interactions. Learn more.
  • Send partial row updates to Real-Time Customer Profile using Data Prep: Supports partial updates and new identity links via a single API request. This feature allows you to update specific parts of a profile without having to resend the entire data, maintaining data integrity and efficiency. Learn more.
  • Map identities: Establishes identity namespaces and fields for comprehensive customer views. This process involves creating identity namespaces and adding identity fields to schemas, which helps in bridging identities across different devices and systems for a unified customer profile. Learn more.
  • XDM System overview: Standardizes customer experience data for seamless integration across applications. The Experience Data Model (XDM) provides common structures and definitions, allowing for faster and more integrated insights. XDM plays a crucial role in enabling Adobe Experience Cloud to deliver personalized messages at the right time. Learn more.
  • Identity namespace overview: Enhances customer insights through identity namespaces, which serve as the framework for mapping and managing identities across various data sources. This helps in creating a more accurate and comprehensive customer profile. Learn more.
  • Profile entity composition: Involves a primary entity and supporting entities like dimensional and B2B entities. The primary entity typically includes traits, behaviors, and audience memberships, while supporting entities provide additional data for segmentation and analysis. Learn more.
  • Define a source and reference schema: Establishes relationships between different schemas to create a more interconnected and comprehensive data model. This tutorial demonstrates how to link members of an organization's loyalty program with their favorite hotels, enhancing the understanding of customer preferences. Learn more.

Data Ingestion - 

• Configure a dataflow to ingest batch data from a cloud storage source in the UI: Steps to configure a dataflow to bring batch data from your cloud storage source to the Adobe Experience Platform. Learn more.
  • Create a dataflow using a protocols source in the UI: Steps to create a dataflow for a protocol source using the Platform UI. Learn more.
  • XDM ExperienceEvent class: Create a timestamped snapshot of the system when a specific event occurs. This class is used to record explicit or implicit events without aggregation or interpretation. Learn more.
  • Data Prep overview: Data engineers can map, transform, and validate data to and from the Experience Data Model (XDM). Data Prep appears as a “Map” step in the Data Ingestion processes and supports various data manipulation functions. Learn more.
  • Send partial row updates to Real-Time Customer Profile using Data Prep: Send partial row updates and create new identity links via a single API request. This feature allows efficient data updates without resending the entire data. Learn more.
  • Data Prep mapping functions: Functions used to compute and calculate values based on source fields, facilitating data transformation during ingestion. Learn more.
  • Stream record data using Streaming Ingestion APIs: Tutorial to begin using streaming ingestion APIs, part of the Adobe Experience Platform Data Ingestion Service APIs, for real-time data streaming. Learn more.
  • Evaluate events in near real-time with streaming segmentation: Allows segment qualification to happen as streaming data lands into the Platform, keeping segment membership up-to-date without scheduled jobs. Learn more.
  • Edge Network Server API overview: Provides an optimized way for customers to interact with Adobe Experience Cloud or Adobe Experience Platform Edge services. It supports various use cases like data collection, personalization, and marketing. Learn more.
  • Ingest data via the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK: Quick start guide to ingest website tracking data directly into Adobe Experience Platform using the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK and Edge Network. Learn more.
  • Stream data with HTTP API: Video on how to stream data to Adobe Experience Platform in real-time using the HTTP API endpoint. Learn more.
  • Data collection end-to-end overview: Guide on sending event data from your application to the Experience Platform Edge Network, including installing and configuring the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK tag extension. Learn more.

Warm Regards,

Reena 

Level 3

@anmolraj16 , @Nimesh11 ,  @yabc7 , @ajayk19 , @Sandy_Support , @YKD @Rochelle_Satow , @anishraul , @akainth2 

Week of Aug 19

We will try to learn the concepts of Segmentation and Segment Activation. Please go through the below link to get understand these topics.

Segmentation - 

Segment Activation - 

Warm Regards,

Reena