Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is profile ID an attribute?

Level 2

Is there a profile ID attribute that I can query or map to a destination?

8 Replies

Level 5

Hi @kendallhall 

Profiles are composed of attributes, identities, audience memberships and behaviors. The profile ID that I believe you are mentioning, is the overall ID that is assigned to the specific profile. You can only map profile attributes to a destination, not the profile itself.

Thanks,

David

Employee

Are you referring to the id which is assigned by Adobe Experience Platform?  If this is the case this is the id which is only know to Adobe Experience Platform.  Identities are part of this internal id which can be used against the entity api to lookup information.

Level 5

Hey @brekrut 

That was my understanding of the question. I believe @kendallhall  was asking if that internal ID can be mapped to a destination, to which I agree with you, cannot be done as that is only internal to AEP.

Level 6

Hi @kendallhall 

Are you referring to Person ID(individual identifier used to identify a user) or an id which is used to uniquely identify a profile record in the dataset?

well a schema composed of XDM individual profile class consist a _id field which is used to uniquely identify a record and a person ID field which can be used to uniquely identify a person(however to make represent this field as an identifier you need to mark it as an identity field while setting up your schema).

Tagging - @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

Level 2

@DavidRoss91 @brekrut @Ankit_Chaudhary 

Hi, all.

Thanks for the responses. I highlighted the ID I'm looking for in the screenshot. Can I export this ID to a destination? Further, is this ID something I can look up in the Profiles Browse tab to find more detail on?

Level 5

Hi @kendallhall 

You are unable to export that ID to a destination. That is just the internal ID given by AEP. You also cannot look that ID up in the profiles browse tab. You can only search by identity values.

Thanks,

David

Level 3

Can you please take a look at the attachment, I think you can use the profile stitch id  identifier in Attribute filtering in audiences building.

Employee

Ah I see you are using the RTCDP B2B edition and you are attempting to create a segment around segment membership. 

If you perform a /GET against the profile entity is there any data present for this attribute?