Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preventing profiles from stitching even with common identities

Level 6

Hi there,

Our company can have multiple online logins for the same set customer identities, but each login has a different permission level. For example:

1) Online Login A, owner permission, Account A,B,C

2) Online Login B, manager permission, Account A,B,C

3) Online Login C, subscriber permission, Account C

The challenge is, currently all these will stitch together as one single profile because of the connection between accounts. (Login C <-> Account C <-> Login B <-> Account A,B,C <-> Login A)

Is there a way to keep all the logins unique with their own profile, yet retain the same identities underneath each profile?

Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi @akwankl 

From my understanding, this is a known issue within the identity stitching of AEP. I have heard there are active investigations of the hope to correct this, but as of now, it cannot be avoided.

David

Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

To achieve this you will have to rethink the identities and make the identity unique somehow.

One possibility is to combine entity based on a combination of account + loginType.

Or 

The product should support sending the merge policy at the time of data ingestion.

Also, What is the use case for 3 different profiles? Can it be achieve by using merge policies for segmentation or another way

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 6

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Thanks, the combination of account + loginType is one idea. Can you elaborate on the merge policy part please?

Thanks,

Alan

Community Advisor

Hey @akwankl  this is not an existing feature. It is more about what could be the new feature where at the data ingestion time we can decide if this data should be merged or not, by utilizing the existing merge policies available in platform.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

@_Manoj_Kumar_  can we try prefix the identities values with access role like Owner , manager , consumer while ingesting data ,I think we have option to manipulate the data.