Expand my Community achievements bar.

Find your best audience, no third party cookies required – that’s where Adobe Real-Time CDP Collaboration (coming soon) comes in
SOLVED

Guidance on Exporting identityMap: Email with SHA256 to AWS S3

Level 3

Hello Adobe RTCDP Community,

I'm currently working on a project where I need to export the `identityMap: Email` data from Adobe RTCDP, applying a SHA256 hashing function, and then store the resulting dataset on AWS S3. I did try using the calculate function but without lucks.

Could anyone provide insights on how to implement this process within the Adobe RTCDP platform?

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 3.29.13 PM.png

Regards,

Rap

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I agree with Bryan. Right now the calculated fields for destination does not support complex arrays, only simple arrays like an array of ints, strings, etc... Documentation for that can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/destinations/ui/activate/export-array...

Your best option right now is to SHA256 hash the data in the dataflow as it comes in or if that is not an option, use Data Distiller to extract the email values, hash, then store back in a dataset.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Is there an option to hash the data before it is ingested into the CDP or use dataPrep functions to hash the email address?

This may be a better option to hash the data instead of hashing the data on the way out.

Correct answer by
Level 2

I agree with Bryan. Right now the calculated fields for destination does not support complex arrays, only simple arrays like an array of ints, strings, etc... Documentation for that can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/destinations/ui/activate/export-array...

Your best option right now is to SHA256 hash the data in the dataflow as it comes in or if that is not an option, use Data Distiller to extract the email values, hash, then store back in a dataset.