Expand my Community achievements bar.

Computed Attributes

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to create a 'most recent' computed attribute for an variable that we are passing through analytics.  However, the query doesn't seem to fetch any data eventhough the value is being passed.  Any idea why I am not getting any result back. 

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 4

Hello @CBSIMP 

Can you validate that there is ingested data available with the specific eventType?

If so, are both your dataset and schema enabled for profile? Along with the dataset being added to the merge policy?

Level 2

Hi @DavidRoss91 ,

Yes, there is data available and that data has already been set to profile.

Thanks

Level 4

While I haven't encountered this directly, I did a quick search and found some of the following ideas:

1. Ensure Computed Attribute Creation in AEP: First, ensure that the computed attribute you want to pass to Adobe Analytics has been successfully created in AEP. This involves defining the attribute, specifying its expression, and setting its properties according to your needs. Refer to the API documentation for creating computed attributes 
  1. Add Computed Attributes to Journey Optimizer Data Source: Since Adobe Analytics integration often involves journey optimization and personalization efforts, adding the computed attributes to the Journey Optimizer Experience Platform data source is crucial. This makes the computed attributes available for use in Journey Optimizer and potentially for integration with Adobe Analytics through journey activities
  1. Use Adobe Analytics Source Connector: Utilize the Adobe Analytics Source Connector to ingest data from Adobe Analytics into AEP's Real-Time Customer Profile and Experience data lake. This connector allows you to stream, map, and filter data from Adobe Analytics, enabling you to create semantic and calculated fields that can enhance user experience in Segment Builder and Platform applications 
  1. Configure Adobe Analytics Integration: While the direct integration between computed attributes in AEP and Adobe Analytics isn't explicitly documented, you can configure Adobe Analytics to recognize and utilize data from AEP. This might involve setting up data mappings and ensuring that the computed attributes are correctly passed through to Adobe Analytics via the data ingestion processes established in AEP.
  1. Leverage APIs for Custom Integrations: If direct integration paths are limited or if you require more control over the data flow, consider developing custom integrations using AEP APIs. This could involve extracting computed attribute data from AEP and pushing it to Adobe Analytics through custom scripts or applications. Ensure that you comply with Adobe's API usage policies and security guidelines when implementing such solutions.