Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test mode not showing any information

Employee

If the test status just says something empty like this, does this mean nothing went through to the action?                                                                                   

Test status                                                                                                                     

{1 item                                                                                                            

"instances" : [0 items                                                                                                                                 ]                                                                                                                                        

}

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Start with this tutorial - https://www.adobe.io/apis/experienceplatform/home/data-ingestion/data-ingestion-services.html#!api-s...

Create a profile schema that has testProfile in it. Then update that profile using postman to mark your ECID as testProfile = true

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Start with this tutorial - https://www.adobe.io/apis/experienceplatform/home/data-ingestion/data-ingestion-services.html#!api-s...

Create a profile schema that has testProfile in it. Then update that profile using postman to mark your ECID as testProfile = true

Level 1

Hi @RussLewis,

Is there a way to check if a specific profile has been marked as testProfile correctly? I'm facing problems to test a journey and I need to check this out to find the issue.

This is the schema in which I'm streaming data via Postman, I added the TestProfile attribute by creating a mixin. I also added a "Orchestration eventID" mixin as required.

josel49165863_0-1590580555496.png 

And this is an example of the request with the testProfile attribute set to True:

josel49165863_1-1590580666703.png

Thanks in advance!

Employee

@josel49165863 - You can validate a test profile is marked appropriately by doing a lookup on AEP to validate the boolean is set (testProfile=true). I've attached a file that has a cURL to do this as a sample. You need to replace the values to match your instance. 

Level 1

Hi @RussLewis, thanks for your prompt response.

I did a lookup on AEP via Postman and testProfile is not set as I suspected (it does not even exist):

josel49165863_0-1590655818069.png

Are there any requirements in the schema for the testProfile attribute? As I shown you in my last message, "testProfile" is inserted into the schema in the "_merkleemeahubptrsd" object with a mixin. Is this correct or "testProfile" needs to be at the same level than "identityMap" (in the first level)?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Level 1
Hi @RussLewis, I have found what I was missing: I was sending data to a ExperienceEvent schema. By sending data to a Profile schema with Adobe's mixin "Profile test details", everything worked like a charm. Thanks!!