Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 4th September at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Aaron Forest, Justin Grover, Keara Fausett and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Trigger email when someone has not purchased a product

Level 1

Hi, 

I am using AJO, and I am triggering an email to some profiles. The email has a CTA and if someone clicks on the CTA and does not make a purchase, I want to send them a follow-up email after x days. Can someone help me design this journey?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can look for the specific URL / Label in the email tracking event dataset attributes and use it in your audience criteria.

"messageInteraction":{"interactionType":"click","trackingType":"tracked","urlID":"667515f073833533f4c21b0d","label":"Experience League","entityType":"message","url":"https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com"}

Ensure the CTA link in your email contains unique UTM parameters or tracking codes. If a purchase is made directly on the website without using your CTA, the tracking will show that the UTM parameters are missing or different.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

You can use a read audience to target the intended profiles >> wait for x days >> condition to check if there is a click event ("interactionType":"click") against the respective CTA label / URL and also check if there was a purchase event in the last x days (This will be an inSegment check).

If it evaluates to true, end the journey and if it evaluates to false, you can send a follow up email.

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your response. What if the profile hits the CTA but makes a purchase directly from the website without using my CTA within those x days? How can I make sure the purchase was made using my CTA only.

Thank you,

Level 1

I have an additional question. How do I know if a specific link has been clicked by the user in an email containing multiple links. How would I filter the audience that has clicked that specific link?

Correct answer by
Employee

You can look for the specific URL / Label in the email tracking event dataset attributes and use it in your audience criteria.

"messageInteraction":{"interactionType":"click","trackingType":"tracked","urlID":"667515f073833533f4c21b0d","label":"Experience League","entityType":"message","url":"https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com"}

Ensure the CTA link in your email contains unique UTM parameters or tracking codes. If a purchase is made directly on the website without using your CTA, the tracking will show that the UTM parameters are missing or different.

Community Advisor

@AJOGeek 

You can leverage sequential audience to achieve this.

Related to your question on clicks on the specific link, you should have this data in ajo_email_tracking_experience_event_dataset using the link url if you're tracking your emails in AJO.

How can I make sure the purchase was made using my CTA only. --> only way is to have a dedicated utm parameter but even this is 100% guaranteed as the customer can start the process and complete it later using the website.

Otherwise, you can use statistical methods such as confidence interval or significance to  quantify the uncertainty.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni