Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Read Audience - used in daily journey

Level 6

Hi there,

I was always under the impression that Read Audience is mainly for a one-time use, but then I came across the option and article that it can be scheduled (daily, weekly, monthly, doh!). 

So just wanted to confirm a few things in case I might have misunderstood.

I have a batch segment that updates daily, and if I start the journey with a "Read Audience" that is scheduled to run daily

1) Will the journey execute daily?

2) If I select "Incremental read", let's say if 100K customers went out yesterday, and there are 101K today (with 1K new). Only the 1K will go through the journey the next day?

3) If Profile A was in segment day 1 (gets sent notification), and day 2,3 still in segment. I understand reading from documentation using "Incremental Read" the profile won't receive notification on day 2, but will they receive again in day 3?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl 

1) Will the journey execute daily? - If the scheduler is set to run daily yes, it will run daily

2) If I select "Incremental read", let's say if 100K customers went out yesterday, and there are 101K today (with 1K new). Only the 1K will go through the journey the next day? Yes

3) If Profile A was in segment day 1 (gets sent notification), and day 2,3 still in segment. I understand reading from documentation using "Incremental Read" the profile won't receive notification on day 2, but will they receive again in day 3? The Profile will only receive the email when it qualifies for the audience again.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl 

1) Will the journey execute daily? - If the scheduler is set to run daily yes, it will run daily

2) If I select "Incremental read", let's say if 100K customers went out yesterday, and there are 101K today (with 1K new). Only the 1K will go through the journey the next day? Yes

3) If Profile A was in segment day 1 (gets sent notification), and day 2,3 still in segment. I understand reading from documentation using "Incremental Read" the profile won't receive notification on day 2, but will they receive again in day 3? The Profile will only receive the email when it qualifies for the audience again.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn