Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.

Managing Unsubscribe for Profiles with Different Namespace but Same Email Address

Level 2

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with managing unsubscribes in Adobe Journey Optimizer.

In my setup, I have profiles that share the same email address but save in different Datasets(different schema but under same class) as they use different id as primary namespaces/identities. I did not make the email address an identity for theses Datasets to avoid profile collapse.

The problem arises when profile datasets A contact unsubscribed using the AJO landing page to unsub from channel (email). This unsubscribe action affects profile datasets B with the same email address, even though they have different namespaces and no consent("consent.marketing.email.val.n") in their profile data;

On the other hand, when profile datasets B with the same email address unsubscribes, the unsubscribe does not seem to take effect at all, I can clearly found"consent.marketing.email.val.n" in their profile attributes, but campaign/journey email sending still not excluding them.also it do not affect the same email profile in profile datasets A at all.

My question is:
How can I ensure that when one contact unsubscribes, the campaign or journey does not send any emails to that email address, regardless of their namespaces or datasets?

Thank you for any insights or suggestions.

0 Replies